Thursday, February 19, 2009

Grassfed Beef comes to South Pasadena!

This is very exciting! At the South Pasadena Farmer's Market this evening, my kids and I discovered a new vendor: J&J Grassfed Beef, from Tehachapi, CA, which is about as local as we could hope for given our urban setting. The pricing was *very* competitive, and we immediately bought some ground beef, and a couple of steaks, as well as the tri-tip that the kids insisted on. :) Though I'm willing to order beef in bulk if necessary, it sure will be convenient to have a "local" vendor I can go to on a weekly basis. Hurrayyyy!

Meanwhile, the Open Space Meats (see previous posts) beef we've been eating has been excellent. I can definitely taste the difference in the ground beef, especially. I haven't actually tried any of the steaks yet, but the stew we made (in a crockpot using a simple recipe off the web) from the bottom round cut was excellent!