Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sources for Pork, Lamb, Chicken, and Turkey

It bothered me that I haven't eaten any pork or lamb for awhile, now that I'm trying to eat only "good" meat. My earlier web-search via eatwild.com hadn't turned up anything promising. But I expanded my search to outside of California, and find a couple of promising sites that say that they'll still ship to where I am in South Pasadena:
  • Grass-Fed Traditions: Looks like there is a membership option for getting bulk discounts. Source of poultry, whose feed apparently includes that derived from coconuts (after the oil is removed).
  • Deck Family: This Oregon farm markets just about everything: Beef, several kinds of chicken and turkey, lamb, pork, and goat. They have "sampler boxes" which look interesting.

No comments: